Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Laptop! New life in NUS!

Hi! Sorry about the lack of activity. Been kinda lazy during the past few weeks. Anyway, I finally matriculated into NUS yesterday. Well...not really much joy about receiving my Matric Card cuz i started having nostalgic moments akin to when i first got my 11B in army. haha.. The rest of the feelings are mutual among army guys. heh..

Anyway, went to the fair after that dreaded collection and boy was it lively! The fair covered about 1 1/2 halls with an immense variegation of people either hard-selling laptops, promoting weird> CCAs (dota club?) as well as the odd-friendly neighbourhood policemen giving out brochures on safeguards from thievery. haha.. I guess this beats having an ordinary school CCA Open House eh?

Since i had to get a new laptop for my Uni course. (Those at home are either dead or school property) =X I went ahead and selected this Fujitsu Lifebook S6520U at ard $2.3k. Picture below...



Picture Above.. -_-"

I snatched this photo from HK PolyU's website that apparently sold this gadget for HK$10K (ard S$2K). However, the difference was that locally, Fujitsu so kindly threw in 4GB DDR3 RAM and 320GB HDD Space (original was 2GB DDR2 RAM, 200+GB HDD) for "free". So, being a lucky buyer, i enjoyed the local Lifebook with enticingly great upgrades at $300 above the retail price overseas!! Fujitsu sure knows its marketing skils! Anyway, with the extra cost/enhancements or not, it really works fine and i've had no problems typing this entry as of yet. =)

Moving on, i just received my Qualifying English Test (QET) results today. For those lucky ppl who don't have to take it, QET determines whether you have to take extra Eng modules in Uni (which don't count to results but adds to workload). Of course, extra mods are undesirable... Those who are required to take are those C5ers like me and C6ers for GP. Fortunately for me, I just scraped through a pass with a grade 5, just gaining exemption from the terrifying mods. haha!

Bidding and Uni life starts soon! sigh.. kinda bittersweet on this. For one, i'll definitely miss the carefree days i have now, on the other hand, i'll gain a brain to flaunt with (what a nerd!) and a great social life that i neglected for close to 3 years when they first put me on that island. haha... Alright, I'll be off to look for modules to bid for my first semester! Till next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home