Thursday, September 4, 2008

Batam 08

Went to Batam last weekend. (Almost missed COMEX because of it!) Here are some photos i took there...





My sis and I on some weird suspension bridge linking 2 of Batam's islands together. In total, there are about 17K islands in Indonesia! Thing is, some of these islands are no bigger than your school hall. =)





This is one of their traditional street vendors, except that this guy was reckless enough to risk selling food to us on the bridge amidst heavy traffic.





Ever heard of people worshipping ingots?? Here's one good example in a Buddhist temple there. Found it kinda weird BUT, guess i wouldn't mind trying if those people win toto,4D after they prayed there. =X






Caught the AC teachers dying of boredom wwhile waiting for some "traditional indonesian massage". I went for my 1st massage there too and well..."Traditional" should be replaced by "Torturous", if you asked me. Freaking lady stepped on me, cracked my joints and specifically aimed the nerves for massaging. I'd never wanna go for it there again!





This statue was at our hotel. Couldn't resist "peeking" up his roman attire. =X Did you know that the idea of short skirts came from the romans?? Bet you didn't cuz i'm smoking you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home